Drive Auto Driving School Mckinney Texas offers the DPS Road Test for teens and adults at our Mckinney location at 1720 Eldorado pkwy Suite 105 McKinney, TX 75069.
We are authorized by the Texas Department of Public Safety to give third party road tests to teens and adults.
Required papers for Teen and Adults.
Need help passing your road test?
You can schedule a practice test with an examiner to learn tips and gain advice. 2nd Attempt or Re schedule need to pay $48.00 extra
Simply select the Date and Time for your Road Test and use PayPal or Credit card to confirm.
Book Your Road Test
Adult Road Test for ages 18 and older may now take Texas Department of Public Safety Road Test exam at Drive Auto Driving School located in Irving, Texas. Drive Auto is a Third Party Skills Testing (TPST) authorized school.
In order to behind the wheel Adult Road Test at Drive Auto Driving School you must:
Be 18-24 years of age, have completed the adult driver education course in its entirety and have a Pictured restricted driver license (Learners License) and completed the Impact Texas Young Drivers (ITYD) program. A receipt of payment is NOT proof of having a learners license. Or,
Be 25 years of age or older and have a Pictured restricted driver license ‘B’ (Learners License) and completed the Impact Texas Young Drivers (ITYD) program. A receipt of payment is NOT proof of having a learners license.
- You must have a valid Pictured B restricted driver license (Learners License). If you do not have one and are age 25 or older you may take the written skills test at any Department of Public Safety. The written test is given during the 6-hour class which is required for adults ages 18 to 24. After completion of the course, you will need to go to the nearest Department of Public Safety for processing. You may enroll in our adult 6-hour class.
- Anyone taking an Adult Road Test 18 and older (even 25 plus), must watch “Impact Texas Young Drivers.” You can register for it here.
- Anyone taking a driving skills test MUST present their ITYD completion certificate together with any required driver education certificates.
All applicants who have completed the program have 90 days from the date on their ITYD certificate to pass the driving skills exam. If not passed, the course must be taken again.
FAILURE TO WATCH THE REQUIRED TEXAS IMPACT VIDEO AND PRESENT A VALID COMPLETION CERTIFICATE WILL RESULT IN A FAILURE TO HAVE REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION DISQUALIFICATION PENALTY AND RESCHEDULING FEE OF $48. THERE IS NO REFUND ON FEES PAID AND YOU WILL NEED TO REGISTER AND PAY FOR THE ROAD TEST AGAIN.
Cost is $94 for the Adult Road Test and you may choose to optionally use our car for an additional $28. This is to be paid upon scheduling via PayPal (you do not need to have a PayPal account to pay). No Checks accepted. Once you click “Continue” you will be asked for payment.
You will be allowed one (1) attempts to pass the driving skills test. Second Attempts is only $48.00 (but not in the same day), Drive Auto Driving School does not guarantee that anyone will pass. You must perform at a 70% or better using the Texas DPS Standard COPS grading examination procedure. If an individual fails both attempts they may pay to test again or go to the Texas Department of Public Safety for behind the wheel testing.
By making a payment you agree to understand the Cancellation/Refund Policy.
Cancellation/Refund Policy: Cancellations made with more than 24 hours prior to a road test will be given a full refund minus a $10 administrative fee. There will be no refund for no-shows, not having the required paperwork; your vehicle does not pass inspection or cancellations made with less than 24 hours of appointment time. In order to reschedule your appointment a $48 fee will be required. You will receive one attempts to pass. 2nd Attempts is $48.00, After that, a retesting fee for those that do not pass on the second attempt is $94.00
You must have all of the following items with you when you will come for road test:
- A valid Pictured B Restricted Learners License. A Receipt of payment will not be accepted as proof of having a permit.
Impact Texas Young or Adult Drivers Certificate (This certificate will expire after 90 days)
- If using your own vehicle: Valid Insurance Card.The car used for the test must have a current registration sticker on the windshield and proper license plates on the car. It is State law that a car registered in the state of Texas MUST have a metal front and back license plate ON the exterior of the car unless there is a valid Texas Buyer’s paper plate for a recently purchased vehicle.
- Drive Auto Driving School provides third-party road testing, but the Texas Department of Public Safety can issue a drivers license. Once your test will done, You still need to take a picture and fingerprint at the DPS to take the actual Texas Drivers License.94